Associate at a small independent practice, prior to which he was senior surveyor at Cushman & Wakefield and CBRE. Craig has 15 years’ experience in key building surveying disciplines including portfolio and pre-acquisition surveys gained across public and private sectors and a range of institutional investors, occupiers, owners and property companies. He is Head of Building Surveying across the Midlands Region, co-ordinating with teams in London and Leeds.
The former Bomb Night Club, Nottingham City Centre: on behalf of a pension fund, the project had unique structural and building challenges. Project management of stripping out, repairing and preparing the shell for a new in going tenant over a multi-levelled facility with access to Nottingham’s famous caves.
- Accor Hotel Group – Pre-acquisition surveys including Ibis and Novotel brands, for sale and leaseback purposes in order to generate finance for investment.
- Speculative industrial refurbishments – design and contract admin for a range of industrial buildings across the Midlands to attract new tenants. Average project cost £0.5 million.
- Frankfurt region, Germany – Pre-acquisition surveys on various properties within a tight timescale for major CBRE European client.
- Dilapidations – various, acting on behalf of landlords and tenants providing advice, formulating strategies, preparing schedule of dilapidation and negotiations to reach settlement for claims up to £500k.
- Planned Maintenance – large shopping centres and for clients such as St Martin’s Property Corporation.
- Due diligence – for a range of clients for the proposed acquisition of leasehold and freehold interests in relation to industrial, office and retail buildings.
I’d love to give Buckingham Palace the major renovation it needs after 50 years of neglect.
St Wolfgang, Austria: “Pulled up to the top of the mountain and toboggan back down, providing amazing views of the lake and surrounding mountains”