Nick is a founding partner of Projex and managing director since 2016. Nick has provided cost consultancy advice to some of the biggest developments and redevelopments in recent times including Amazon’s new distribution facility at Bardon for client Mountpark Logistics and provided the commercial lead for Lxb’s major retail and leisure destination at Rushden Lakes, Northampton. Clients value the accuracy and depth of his commercial advice and speed of turnaround, particularly in the vital initial feasibility phase and development land bidding and this has led to a number of project wins. His 30 year cross-sector experience has been gained at both main contractors and cost consultancies and he was responsible for introducing and developing a pricing and costing database whilst at AYH and Amec.
Overall head of cost consultancy and managing director for operations with responsibility for resourcing, finance and recruitment across the three Projex offices.
Pharmacy & Upjohn, Stockholm – famously, this was the £50 million job that never was! Working for a major US pharmaceutical company, we were developing a new research & development site in Stockholm where the design was led not by architects initially, but by the cost planners off the back of detailed benchmarking data developed from previous projects. It involved working with UK and European/local cost consultants to understand all aspects of the key data but was sadly never built as funds were diverted at the last minute to cover another part of the business.
- Hotel re-development of iconic tower building in Liverpool for European hotel chain including new retail offerings @ £24m
- £100m Amazon distribution facility, Bardon – the largest new warehousing facility to be built in the UK in 2016. Developed by Mountpark Logistics, the one million sq ft development was completed only 10 months after instruction reflecting the pace that Projex is able to bring to different client schemes.
- Broad Street Plaza, Halifax – £23m leisure and hotel mixed use scheme for local Leeds developer. The project that brought the main directors of the Projex team together!
- Bridgewater Place, Leeds – £56m mixed use scheme that is still Leeds’ tallest building.
- Paddington Central – £89m HQ for Vodafone at the back of Paddington Station, developed over multiple phases.
- Highbury Stadium – redevelopment of the former Arsenal football club ground into prime residential scheme.
- Numerous Pharmaceutical Buildings ranging from £10m – £50m.
- Hagley Road, Birmingham – retail development for Trebor Developments but important as it was the first scheme for my former company, Keane Consult.
The Venetian, Las Vegas
Sat on the beachfront, cocktail in hand in St. Lucia.