Paul is vastly experienced with over 30 years in the construction industry spent largely within food retail delivering projects ranging from £500k to £20m; a great communicator and adept at quickly building strong relationships and successful teams. Before joining Projex, Paul was the Senior Project Manager at Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc, responsible for new store developments, major extensions and refurbishments.
Food retail store extension for Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc in Hyde, Manchester. Great teamwork enabled the successful extension into an adjacent unit with full replacement of the external envelope and roof, full internal refurbishment and demolition of/and rebuilding the existing petrol station within 16 weeks. This £10m scheme was completed while the store continued to trade and all sectional completions dates were achieved. He is responsible for the proposed 3,994 m2 extension to an existing retail unit at White Rose Shopping Centre Leeds and 3,149 m2 extension to retail unit at Braintree Retail Park Essex.
- Conversion of retail space to conference facilities at Harrogate Conference Centre including glazed extension for new escalators.
- Redevelopment of existing retail park in Bradford to incorporate new food superstore with 55,000 sq ft sales and new petrol filling station. Demolition of existing store. New retail units and 100,000 sq ft unit for Big W.
- Mixed use development in Granton, Edinburgh including new food superstore, office accommodation, and shell construction for both student accommodation and bar/restaurant operator.
- Phased redevelopment of site in Leeds 10 no retail outlets to relocate existing tenants, demolition of vacated units and new build superstore with basement car park. Final phase demolition of existing store and construction of further new build retail outlets including off – site highway works.
- Construction of Morrison’s first purpose built ‘store of the future’ in Wrexham incorporating new design concepts to the main sales areas. Working within the constraints of an existing planning permission this scheme was delivered working with all internal stakeholders to deliver the business’s aspiration for ‘new look and feel’.
- Working as part of a successful team to deliver 1,000,000 sq ft of food retail floor space over a 3-year period.
Sagrada Familia Barcelona and hopefully get it finished.
If I could paint a picture it would have to be a mountain scene from the Lake District.