Having been at Deloitte Real Estate for ten years, including heading up the public-sector building surveying division, Tom managed a number of key national clients for BNP Paribas before most recently moving to CBRE to help develop their building surveying offerings. Tom is responsible for Head of Building Consultancy, London and the South, co-ordinating with teams in Solihull and Leeds. His key skills are portfolio and estate strategy planning, contract administration, dilapidations strategy advice and negotiations, Listed building refurbishments, planned preventative maintenance advice and implementation, building defects diagnosis and preparing schedules of condition.
The £1m refurbishment of Croydon Town Hall brought a landmark Grade II Listed building back to repair and involved refurbishing over 550 sash windows. As Contract Administrator, Tom specified and oversaw all works from start to completion.
- Commerz Real – Contract Administration of the sub-division of a 400,000 sq ft warehouse
- Ignis Asset Management – Project monitoring of a new £64m retail and leisure development
- Corpus Sireo – Planned preventative maintenance survey and tendering internal refurbishment works to 70,000 sq ft central London office building
- Universal Music – Building Surveyor leading a team to review Universal Music’s estate for dilapidations provision and strategy reports
- INVESCO – Dilapidations advice and settlement on 80,000 sq ft warehouse and 55,000 sq ft office, with a total initial claim value of £8m
- The Crown Estate – Various dilapidations strategy advice, negotiation and settlement, Cat and refurbishment works.
Refurbishing Buckingham Palace – it is a landmark building that is grossly inefficient and dated.
The North face of The Eiger – my father’s place looks directly over it. We always have a great time there.