Steve has over 30 years’ of construction experienced is a solutions-based, senior principal designer and safety advisor whose advice is valued by clients and designers alike.
He has extensive project and facilities management experience including strategic planning of time critical projects in live environments. Prior to joining Projex, Steve was Senior CDM Consultant at AA Projects and Faithful+Gould
The Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester: the project transformed an under-used and under-visited listed building into a prize-winning (RIBA North West Awards 2015, RIBA National Award 2015 and The Art Fund Prize for Museum of the Year) modern success story.
Various education and university projects including Liverpool John Moore’s £37m Mount Pleasant city centre redevelopment and the University of Manchester’s £24m quadrangle conservation project – principal designer for phased completion of the external stone works, glazing and fire escape improvement of multiple Grade II listed buildings.
- Jodrell Bank Observatory – circa £15m of multiple site projects.
- Rail Sector – national refurbishment programme for several train operating companies within various listed railway stations including working with English Heritage on St Pancras Station.
- Duncan House, Stratford – a mixed-use development over 32 floors on Stratford High Street offering 511 student bedrooms, 44 residential apartments and 3,150 m2 of academic space with associated amenities.
- Vida Grange Care Home, Pannal – a state of the art 124 bedroom care home facility providing dedicated care in eight independent specialist care areas within a single facility.
- Rushden Lakes Phase 2 – a mixed use retail and leisure development and a landmark destination for the local area and beyond.
- University of Manchester Museum and Quadrangle Conservation Project – consisting of the repairs to external masonry walls, replacement and repair of extensive leadwork, reroofing; repairs to original tiles, replacement and repair of windows.
Any project that isn’t under serious financial and time pressures that I can walk to from the office.
The breathtakingly beautiful Canadian Rockies.