Alan has over ten years’ working for a variety of northern-based specialist consultancies before joining Projex in 2014. His project management and building surveying experience has been developed through working on a varied and high profile portfolio that includes nationwide building surveys across the entire HMRC portfolio. After honing his building surveying skills and becoming an expert witness, his recent focus has extended to project management roles within the healthcare and retail sectors including asset management work for clients such as Land Securities.
Great Northern Warehouse, Deansgate, Manchester – project managed the landlord works to this former Victorian railway goods warehouse which sits above the Manchester and Salford Junction Canal. It involved high tech redevelopment works above former canal docks which sat some 15m underground and very tight timescales to meet lease agreement requirements. Stakeholders included landlord, tenant, local authority, English Heritage, utility providers and even the Labour Party’s terrorism unit when their conference took place across the road!
- £13m state-of-the art specialist dementia care home for Harrogate-based Vida Healthcare, part of The Rycroft Group.
- Nationwide building surveys across the entire HMRC portfolio, comprising over 100 properties.
- £2.3m new highway involving s278 and s38 works to provide an access road to a new residential development in Harrogate.
- Schedules of Condition for a nationwide portfolio of a main banking provider to facilitate a sale/leaseback agreement. This incorporated high security access, coordinated report writing and programmed delivery of reports.
- Project management of the demolition of the multi storey former Assay building in Sheffield to facilitate the construction of a new 128 Bed student accommodation. The project entailed key delivery times for the next phase and management of statutory authorities and Party Wall agreements.
- Expert Witness report for a leisure complex in Manchester. The development had reached an impasse in the rectification period remediation requirements and the report assisted legal representatives to reach an amicable agreement of remedy between client and principal Contractor
New Warwick District Council headquarters in Leamington Spa. A chance to input to the regeneration of my home town and the Covent Garden site has a combination of existing concrete architecture which is to be replaced with modern sustainable buildings within a Regency setting. A bit of everything to go at.
The Observatory in Chichen itza, Yucatan Peninsula, Mexica – part of the world famous complex of Mayan ruins.