A health and safety consultant with a wealth of construction, retail fit out and manufacturing knowledge gained over numerous years in the industry. Angela joined Projex from Simpson (York) Ltd where she was health & safety, quality and environmental advisor for 12 years.
Angela has extensive experience in health & safety, quality, and environmental management systems, including leading and conducting system audits, developing and implementing effective policies and procedures to ISO, OHSAS and rail industry standards.
A qualified trainer in various disciplines, she has worked on a large variety of fast-moving projects for a Principal Contractor, spanning multimillion-pound residential new build and refurbishment projects, school refurbishment schemes, heritage restoration projects and retail refurbishment.
Angela is a very effective communicator with excellent soft skills and a qualified trainer in various disciplines including:
- DSE Assessor
- Mental Health First aid
- Fire marshal trainer
- Drugs & Alcohol testing
- RPE Qualitative face fit testing
Durham Cathedral’s Open Treasures Visitors Centre: H&S advisor on the refurbishment and heritage restoration on the Cathedral and visitors centre. Cathedral still open to public as whilst refurbishments were being undertaken.
- Stratford, London – Olympic retail park development: H&S advisor for the Principal Contractor on 3 large retail fit out projects within the new development retail park.
- Durham Cathedral: H&S advisor for the Principal Contractor for the visitor centre retail and restaurant fit out, also the major structural adaptations for the heritage ‘Open treasures’ visitors centre.
- York Art Gallery: H&S advisor for the Principal Contractor on the complete refurbishment of the existing building including major internal and external refurbishment involving demolition and reinstatement of interiors and roof works.
- Chocolate Works Project: H&S advisor for the Principal Contractor on the redevelopment and installation of a retirement village/care home within a derelict office facility at the previous Terry’s of York manufacturing site.
- Rievaulx Abbey: H&S advisor for the Principal Contractor on the new build visitors centre and refurbishment of the museum facility.
- Nestle: H&S advisor for the new build PCT building in York and refurbishment of the manufacturing sites, offices and warehouse facilities across the Nestle portfolio.
I would have loved to have been involved in the H&S aspects for the York Minster restoration and refurbishment following the devastating fire in 1984.
Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah – the breath-taking red rock ampitheatres and hoodoos carved by natural erosion were spectacular and incredible to see the power of nature on the landscape.