Formerly Maintenance Surveyor with Historic Royal Palaces, Ayaz was responsible for both planned and reactive maintenance at HM Tower of London relating to the Building Fabric and Conservation. Ayaz went on to develop his commercial expertise at Faithful & Gould before joining Projex in 2019 and is currently working towards his RICS Chartership status.
White Tower Fire Compartmentation (Fire Strategy Phase 1), HM Tower of London: Part of the Tower of London World Heritage Site, the iconic White Tower is almost 1,000 years old and arguably the most famous castle keep in the world. The successful delivery of his first ever project, despite making archaeological discoveries on site once works started which resulted in pre-agreed design solutions becoming obsolete. Ayaz was commended for his ability to maintain and balance conservation principles while developing practical solutions, ensuring all stakeholders involved were satisfied and works could be signed off. He has a great sense of pride being part of a team that have worked projects which will allow millions more to enjoy this historic building and its contents safely for years to come.
Known for his broad range of technical and personal skills; a combination of logical, technical, practical and creative approaches to help create effective solutions. Experience including but not limited to:
- Condition surveys for commercial, education and heritage buildings.
- Nationwide condition surveys for the Education and Skills Funding Agency.
- Production of briefs outlining scope of works for future projects to assist with bids for funding.
- Production of technical briefs, specifications, drawings and other contract documents as required.
- Residential refurbishment – HM Tower of London.
- Dilapidations of commercial retail units.
- Management of the HM Tower of London Planned Maintenance Budget including specifying, programming and managing works for various building and conservation projects.
- Lead and managed on site measured term contractors to ensure that work is completed to satisfactory standard and value for money is achieved through all work undertaken through the JCT Measured Term Contract.
- Contract administration, payment provisions, management of variations.
- NHS Outpatient Rehabilitation Centre – Internal refurbishment worth £250,000.
- External Car Park Options Appraisal for Derby City Council worth £500,000.
I would love to work on the redevelopment of the derelict Odeon Cinema in Bradford which has been vacant since 2000, I believe it will play a huge role in the regeneration of Bradford City Centre and will hopefully act as a catalyst for further development.
Watching the sunset on top of the Arc de Triomphe, Paris