Catherine was formerly Project Manager at Turner & Townsend. She has over eight years’ experience in a range of project management roles, particularly in high end residential, heritage, higher education and manufacturing sectors.
The Chalet ‘Laboratory with Leaves’ at Wytham Woods for the University of Oxford: PM/EA role from feasibility to practical completion.
Transformation of a near derelict, former quirky 1920s Swiss style chalet (an old shooting lodge) into a mixed used space including laboratories, bunk rooms and a private residential unit within the most studied piece of Woodland on earth. Numerous stakeholders including Natural England, local planning authorities, the University including various academics and researchers.
It is now home to the Department of Zoology’s cutting edge research and is being put forward for a number of awards including the Oxford Preservation Trust Award.
- Clive Booth Student Village, Oxford Brookes University: 1100-bed student accommodation project. PM/EA role through the design phases. Total value £75m.
- Clerici and Sinclair Buildings, Oxford Brookes University: refurbishment and new build with a combined total value circa £60m. The building received a Highly Commended award in the Design Through Innovation category 2018 RICS Awards. PM/EA Role during construction phase.
- Jaguar Land Rover: Cat B office fit out at Whitley Engineering Centre, Coventry – PM/EA Role.
- Bridgemaster’s House, London: structural glass addition to Grade II Listed building adjacent to iconic Tower Bridge. Part of specialist design team working alongside contractor.
- Caernarfon Castle, Visitor Centre: part of specialist design team working alongside the architect and CADW to develop a structural glass visitor centre and entrance to the historic castle.
Notre-Dame. The scale and architectural detail of the building absolutely blows my mind and the construction process spanning hundreds of years must have been a sight to behold. Following the recent fire, it will be fascinating to see how the refurbishment takes shape over the coming years.
On the cliff tops at Eype, Dorset overlooking the Jurassic Coast. The setting of many happy childhood memories and many more to come.