Formerly project manager and principal designer at Harris Project Management
Chris is a construction professional with over 40 years’ experience within the building industry encompassing many disciplines. He holds full membership of the Chartered Institute of Building (MCIOB) and is also a Chartered member of the Institute of Architectural Technologists (MCIAT) and a Certified member of the Association of Project Safety (CMaPS).
He also holds a Higher TEC certificate in Building Studies (Architectural) and both the NEBOSH National Construction Certificate and the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management. Chris is a technical member of the Institute of Safety and Health (Tech IOSH).
Principal designer for the main contractor on an Amazon Fulfilment and Distribution Centre on the outskirts of Darlington – £120m. The project comprised 1.5 million square foot over 3 floors with car parking for 1000 staff and both goods-in and out service areas. Fully automated multi-million-pound internal fit-out including robotics enabling thousands of parcels to be packed and shipped every day.
- Lancaster – Landlords representative for the conversion, refurbishment and fit-out of a former 12,000 square foot PC World retail unit into a LIDL superstore together with associated car park and external works.
- Sittingbourne- Principal designer for a £10m Retail Park comprising 2 retail units measuring 35,000 square feet and a drive-through Costa Coffee, all constructed following demolition of an existing industrial unit.
- Stockport – Project manager and contract administrator for the part demolition, conversion & extension of an existing public house to create 8 residential apartments plus parking with an overall contract sum of £800,000.
- Sittingbourne – Principal designer for a £47m mixed use town centre redevelopment comprising 18,500 square feet 8 auditorium multiplex cinema, restaurant units, public realm plaza and 3-storey hotel complex.
- Scarborough – Principal designer for a £60m sea-front multi-use development comprising multiplex cinema, sky bar, residential apartments, restaurant units, public plaza space and deck multi-storey car park.
- Hucknall – Principal designer for a 195,840 square foot industrial building including ancillary buildings, external works and new access road infrastructure. The industrial building sits within a wider area of development totalling 4.83 hectares together with a 248-space car park and service yard.
I would have liked to have been involved in any capacity on the Turning Torso building in Malmo, Sweden. It is the tallest building in Scandinavia and regarded as the first twisted skyscraper in the world.
Lindos Village, Rhodes – the view of Lindos as you arrive on the coastal road from the airport is simply stunning.