Ian was formerly senior project manager at international multidisciplinary practice Faithful+Gould, where he undertook an MSC in Construction and became chartered. Prior to that, held positions at Bucknall Austin (now Rider Levett Bucknall). Ian is an experienced project manager who has spent the majority of his career working on UK projects for a major global construction and project management consultancy from inception through to completion in both the PM and EA roles. Adept at building strong client and project teams with excellent contractor negotiating skills and experienced in the management of complex projects with large multidisciplinary teams, tenant engagement and involvement with AFLs.
Leicester Food Park. The creation of nine starter units was new territory for Leicester City Council who were developing a parcel of their own land speculatively to act as a catalyst for wider regeneration. The £5.8m Park was funded by Leicester City Council and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) 2007 – 2013 programme, with strict timescales for completion. Eight of the nine units were let within three months of the development’s launch and the Council were very keen to undertake a second phase.
- St Alphege Place (Carluccio’s), Solihull – new build restaurant shell and CAT A office fit out undertaken in a town centre site.
- Pershore Street (The Forum) – acting as Employer’s Agent on Birmingham’s first PRS scheme.
- Severn Trent – Project Manager seconded into client organisation to undertake a feasibility study and option appraisal to provide recommendations regarding site sell offs.
- Project Manager for various retail shell Landlord enabling works and coordination role with tenant fit out works with The Moor Sheffield
- Birmingham City University – project manager for a series of refurbishment and improvement works undertaken during the university holidays.
- Leicester Food Park – involved in the entire project management spectrum from feasibility through to completion including ongoing liaison with the Council, JV partner and incoming tenants.
Yosemite half dome