Joe brings 15 years’ project management and building consultancy experience gathered from working in a number of different disciplines and practices. Having joined CNP as a newly qualified building surveyor in 2002, he quickly rose through the ranks, gaining valuable commercial experience working with major national institutions and development companies. During this time, he was involved in a number of high profile acquisition surveys, as well as delivering asset management and maintenance development projects, predominantly in the retail and healthcare sectors. He then spent time at a couple of small niche practices, one a North Yorkshire Dilapidations specialist and the other focusing on providing building consultancy expertise, particularly professional services, for a number of major national retailers. Joe left to establish his own consultancy in 2012, specialising in residential building consultancy from design through to completion. During this time, he was retained by Bootham School, York, as in-house project manager providing assistance in delivering new development projects. He also qualified as an Eco Assessor providing advice to companies providing housing energy improvements in the North of England as part of the government’s ECO initiative. Joe is now responsible for a number of key projects including delivering a major new care home facility and new build retail facilities for companies including Marks and Spencer.
Bootham School Arts Centre
The full scope of Building Surveying duties since qualifying in 2002 including these highlights:
- Portfolio Acquisition Building Surveys large fund management firms before the credit crunch!
- Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and mall/car park improvement works at Stretford Mall Shopping Centre.
- Tenant’s dilapidations for Dixon’s Stores Group as they closed their town centre properties across the UK.
- At Nestle Chocolate Factory in York, project managing a high tech office refurbishment, factory side road construction and PPM of the whole factory and office sites.
- Project management of Bootham School’s Arts Centre in York.
- Qualifying as an ECO Assessor and providing advice to energy improvement companies as part of the governments ECO initiative.
- Being self employed and then joining Projex!
- Since joining Projex, project managing the delivery of residential care home buildings and an M&S in Moseley, Birmingham (including 20 Party Wall awards).
- Now for the next 15 years…
York Minster – I love my city and seeing this building every day, it is easy to forget what an immense project it was taking 250 years to build completing 1472 AD.
13th Green, Pike Hills Golf Club as the sun goes down.