As the digital guru for Projex, Paul brings a wealth of technical expertise and innovation to projects. With 20 years’ experience in the construction industry Paul’s key strength is working closely with clients to get projects off to a flying start so that he can deliver high standards all the way through to completion. Paul is a Director in the Leeds office having initially joined the Projex team as a Partner in January 2010. Providing a wealth of project experience across retail, commercial, residential and leisure sectors Paul has worked on projects with a range of values including the company’s recent involvement in the mixed use redevelopment of the former Liverpool Echo Newspaper offices. Paul also has considerable experience in specific building surveying disciplines such as complex contract administration work and technical due diligence, both in the UK and abroad. He joined from SGA Property based in Melbourne Australia, where he was senior building consultant and prior to this was associate director at CNP where, as a team leader, he was responsible for managing a team of senior surveyors and was a key part of the company’s expansion into Europe, working throughout Germany on a variety of acquisition surveys.
55 Colmore Row, Birmingham – this project had everything, I was involved in the initial acquisition for IM properties and completed a thorough re-examination of the proposals; subsequent planning approvals, enabling works package and a comprehensive two stage tender process prior to the delivery of a complex build process. The project threw up so many challenges, but our brief was clear; deliver the best office building in Birmingham. The project was so rewarding and the end result is an amazing blend of contemporary, cutting edge accommodation with historic features. What a place to work:
- The creation of 160,000 sq ft of prime grade A commercial office accommodation in the heart of the Colmore Business District.
- 3 No. Restaurants
- Steeped in history with a Grade II listed Victorian façade and banking hall. The redevelopment accentuates the internal finishes whilst creating a contemporary workplace designed to match and exceed the style and efficiency of a new build.
- Echo Place, Liverpool – A landmark £35m mixed use redevelopment of the former Echo Newspaper offices. 204 bed hotel, 60,000 sq ft of offices and 20,000 sq ft of retail space.
- Rushden Lakes Phase 1 – A £60m mixed use retail and leisure development and landmark destination for the local area and beyond providing over 500,000 sq ft of accommodation.
- Rushden Lakes Phase 2 – 14 screen multiplex cinema for Cinewrold, 9 restaurants and 5 leisure operators totalling £35m in value.
55 Colmore Row – The creation of 160,000 sq ft of prime grade A commercial office accommodation in the heart of the Colmore Business District. 3 restaurants created as part of the new space.
- Neptune Point, Harrow – A £30m high density mixed use scheme. Comprising of a 65,000 sq ft Morrisons supermarket, a 218 space multi-storey car park and 142 residential apartments
- Spinning Jenny Way, Leigh, Manchester – 12 screen multiplex cinema for Cineworld, 4 restaurants and 70,000 Tesco Extra supermarket. Project Fund Monitoring role.
- Belle Vue Mills, Skipton – Conversion of a large Grade II listed former textile mill dating from 1757 providing four storeys of office accommodation to CAT A fit out with a ground floor retail element.
Apple Park, Cupertino, California – this would have to be my dream job! Building the most amazing office building in the world for my favourite tech company. Geekfest!
Black Cuillins on the Isle of Sky