Joint managing director at Projex which he established in 2008. After establishing the northern building surveying team at Edward Erdman, he enjoyed a spell with King Sturge, before leaving to establish the northern operation of CNP in 1995 where he played a key role in the growth and development of the regional business as well as the company’s large projects’ division in the north. He left to set up Projex in 2008. Phil is a highly driven consultant and clients value his commercial acumen and ability to quickly understand business objectives to deliver tailored services of the highest quality on the back of some exceptional experience. Phil was also the brains and one of the original driving forces behind Location Leeds at MIPIM and was recognised by Insider magazine as one of the Yorkshire region’s up and coming entrepreneurs in 2005. Joint MD responsible for sales and marketing function.
Costa Coffee, the UK’s first zero energy coffee shop “The Costa Coffee project endorses everything I believe in professionally and that Projex strives for, namely to add real value to clients and the building process.” A multi award winner, judges at the UK energy awards raved about the innovative partnership approach, pioneered by Projex, that enabled this project to get off the ground. It involved:
- Convincing a major plc to invest in an innovative building package that goes beyond green technology and energy needs to deliver corporate and social responsibility targets.
- Pulling together an exciting team of consultants and contractors to deliver an award-winning building at equivalent costs to standard models.
- Rushden Lakes Shopping Park, Northampton – seven year project to deliver one of the UK’s biggest out of town retail schemes, on behalf of LXB Retail Properties Plc.
- Other retail schemes include Banbury Gateway, Victoria Retail Park, Nottingham, B&Q Mansfield and Chippenham
- Healthcare sector- the management and delivery of due diligence surveys on over 5000 beds across the UK ranging from portfolios to major individual care homes, including leading operators such as Craegmoor and Quercus. More recently, the delivery of over 500 new build beds for award-winning regional operators.
- Costa Coffee – see above – winner of three major UK energy awards including the Partnering and Supreme Awards, as well as the Sustainability Award at the British Council of Shopping Centres.
- The Filmworks, Greenwich Peninsula – project management of Europe’s first cylindrical multistorey multiplex cinema – previously the largest building on the peninsula after the O2 arena.
- DuPont Doncaster – phased redevelopment of a DuPont factory into 750,000 sq ft of distribution warehousing on behalf of a major pension fund.
- Various project monitoring schemes across the UK including Barclaycard Offices, Environment Agency HQ Leeds, Boston and Beverley Shopping Centres, on behalf of Societe Generale/Rothschild/Primerica.
The completion of my house in Knaresborough…eventually!
View of the River Nidd gorge from Knaresborough Castle….Yorkshire’s finest