Formerly Associate Director at MAC construction consultants, Simon has over 30 years’ experience in senior roles as QS/EA/PM in multi-sectors working for a vast range of clients including Premier Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Travelodge, Calderdale Council, Sterling Capitol, Harworth and Morrisons.
City Square, Leeds: a landmark conversion of the old Post Office into the first serviced apartments in Leeds with a 6* rating, including the ground floor conversion into Restaurant Bar & Grill. A unique procurement mixture of construction management and traditional on an open book basis with the chosen contractor with all subcontract packages. It was the most satisfying to complete and hand over as the quality was immaculate. I acted as QS and PM on this scheme.
- New £17.5m Premier Inn, The Gate, Newcastle: refurbishment of listed former Co-op building retaining the facades and famous ‘Running Men’ balustrading along with other key features such as refurbishing the iconic clocks on the tower.
- Travelodge, Mansfield – £4.5m.
- Development of the largest car showroom in the UK at the time for Carcraft Capitol Park, Leeds (now availablecar.com) – £5m.
- The new £11m Trinity Sixth Form College, Halifax.
- Refurbishment of former Filtronic Saltaire office and workspace block into CAT A offices – £6.75m
The refurbishment of the Ritz, Paris -my wife and I’s favourite hotel – we have been lucky enough to stay in some of the iconic suites, such as The Coco Chanel Suite, where the quality and attention to detail is mind-blowing.
Plaza de los Naranjos (Orange Square), Marbella, Spain – so many amazing memories which holds a special place in my family’s heart.