A founding partner of Projex, Steve is uniquely experienced in a wide range of complex, multi-stakeholder project management schemes, especially in the healthcare, retail and leisure sectors including new build and refurbishment projects.
He started his career with Watts and Partners before joining CNP, the UK’s largest independent building surveying practice at the time, gaining valuable experience across large commercial pre-acquisition portfolio surveys as well as project management and monitoring schemes.
Head of the healthcare projects division and also manages the Leeds-based cost consultancy team.
Extension to White Rose Shopping Centre, Leeds – the £15m leisure extension to the White Rose Shopping Centre increases space at this iconic centre by a quarter. Owned by Trinity Leeds developer, LandSec, the 65,000 sq ft extension incorporates the first new-look Cineworld cinema with Imax technology, as well as six new restaurants.
- £25m Broad Street Plaza, Halifax – an award winning mixed-use scheme which regenerated the civic centre of Halifax and was brought to site during the early stages of the economic downturn. It was one of Yorkshire’s largest regeneration projects when it started on site and comprised a nine screen cinema, multi-storey car park, 20,000 sq ft NHS drop-in centre, 100 bed hotel, 10 restaurant units and a 15,000 sq ft gym.
- Springfield Healthcare Group – currently delivering 700 new beds across Yorkshire via six new state-of-the-art care developments. These include the £7m inspirational ‘Chocolate Works’ in York and £5m award-winning Seacroft Grange Care Village, Leeds, developments, as well as an innovative new care centre for working age adults.
- Market Place Shopping Centre, Bolton – multi-award winning circa £18m development encompassing a listed market hall and large 1980s extension with new works including the construction of a new nine screen, 1,200 seat cinema on top of the existing shopping centre. New restaurant units were also created within the vaults of a Grade II listed market hall, all undertaken whilst the centre remained fully open in a prime city centre location.
- Various capital expenditure works for retained client, LandSec, including £15m extension to White Rose Centre, Leeds, as above, £5m food retail unit at Greyhound Retail Park, Chester and £1.5m Retail extension for B&M/Halfords at Derwent Howe Retail Park, Workington.
- The Promenades Shopping Centre, Bridlington – located in one of the UK’s favourite seaside destinations, this new build development for Threadneedle was for retail tenants New Look, Peacocks and o2.
I would love to be involved in a major Civil Construction project that would make a long lasting mark on the local landscape – HS2!!
Colosseum, Rome – absolutely in awe of the scale of the building and find it mind boggling to try and imagine how the thing was built (without the use of a very big crane!)