Sue has been a health and safety consultant since 1994 having spent 21 years as a quantity surveyor in a variety of roles. She has over forty years industry experience including a wealth of both academic and practical experience having worked on a variety of schemes from small housing projects to multi-million pound developments for major names such as Prologis and Standard Life.
Well-versed in preparing everything from risk assessments to comprehensive pre-construction information packages that are regularly reviewed throughout the development process, Sue works with clients to achieve a legal, safe project with minimum bureaucracy. Sue is a Fellow of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS), an Associate Member of The Royal Society of Public Health (AMRSPH) and passed the NEBOSH Construction Certificate with Distinction.
Calke Abbey, Derbyshire – major programme of refurbishment and maintenance works to this Grade I listed country house near Ticknall, Derbyshire; now a National Trust property, the site was an Augustinian priory from the 12th century until its dissolution by Henry VIII.
- White Rose Shopping Centre Leeds; £15m; CDM co-ordinator/principal designer; construction of a multiplex cinema and restaurant units within a live shopping complex.
- Retail and residential development Moseley, Birmingham; £5m new build project; CDM co-ordinator/principal designer; demolition of car retailer facility with land reclamation and removal of contaminants, construction of M&S local store and other retail and restaurant units with residential accommodation over.
- General Hospital, Gibraltar – £15m; CDM co-ordinator; conversion of an existing multi-storey office building adjacent to the Marina, built to withstand earthquakes, to function as the Gibraltar General Hospital.
- New distribution hub for Amazon, Bardon, Leicestershire – £100m; principal designer/client H&S monitor; large warehouse with occupier fit-out during construction period.
- Hire car resale facility for Lex Leasing, Coventry – construction of sales building, service area and display forecourt on reclaimed land adjacent residential properties
The Shard, London
The Cuillins on Skye – and I’ve seen them on a clear, sunny day too!