Tim joined Projex in 2013 following seven years with EC Harris/Arcadis (in its many guises). His ability to provide both pre and post contract cost advice on a wide range of projects in the form of headline and detailed cost planning and modelling has helped deliver a number of major schemes across the Projex portfolio.
Fisher House, part of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham. This 18-bed facility was built to provide a home away from home for the families of injured soldiers. As cost manager for the scheme, it was key to work collaboratively to ensure value for money was achieved as well as a high quality, comfortable and private environment. Fisher House sits on the site of the £545m Queen Elizabeth Hospital which opened in 2010 and has the largest single-floor critical care unit in the world.
- £100m Amazon distribution facility, Bardon – the largest new warehousing facility to be built in the UK in 2016. Developed by Mountpark Logistics, the one million sq ft development covers an area the equivalent of 20 football pitches and is able to handle 86 articulated lorries at one time.
- Pope’s Lane, Oldbury – 100,000 sq ft first phase of a new build factory to house state of the art steel processing equipment for Steel & Alloy, a major supplier to UK car manufactures.
- Alphege Place/Carluccio’s – demolition of an existing two-storey building and replacing it with a new build four-storey development, housing three floors of Cat A office space above a ground floor restaurant shell, in total measuring 1,170 m².
- Shell, core and tenant fit out of the new Phase 4 office building at Malvern Hills Science Park for Trebor Developments LLP and one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defence products. The scheme comprises a ‘turnkey’ office, ancillary accommodation with associated external works amounting to a GIFA of circa 2,500 m²: split between office, administration, conference facilities, customer and circulation and Labs Space with Goods In and storage.
- Edgbaston Priory Club – one of the largest UK tennis venues outside Wimbledon. Split over two phases this project was the redevelopment of an operational leisure facility, consisting of the construction of a new indoor tennis centre, new permanent sunken grass tennis tournament centre court and the refurbishment and extension of the existing clubhouse building.
- Fisher House – part of a tried and tested programme from the US and its first overseas project.
I would love to work on the redevelopment of the North Stand at Villa Park if it ever goes ahead.
Anywhere along the Inca Trail, Peru is amazing but the first sight of Macchu Picchu is spectacular.