Steel & Alloy Processing Limited / Trebor Developments
Employer’s Agent / Quantity Surveyor / Principal Designer
Projex have been appointed by Steel & Alloy Processing Limited and Development Manager Trebor Developments to act as Employer’s Agent, Principal Designer and Quantity Surveyor for the construction of a new build steel processing facility. The first phase of the project (comprises of a 115,000 sq ft premises) will involve the construction of a new factory to house state of the art steel processing equipment with some 50 jobs expected to be based at the site.
Steel and Alloy have noted since the start of construction in February to date (December 2017):
- The total hot and cold rolled structural steel frame tonnage – 756t
- Number of individual members hot rolled 5,441 and cold rolled 4,516. If you include fittings 31,793 members.
- In forming the concrete floor slab 2,100m³ of concrete was poured, which incorporated 800 tonnes of cement, 3,800 tonnes of aggregate and 405,000 litres of water. As well as over 150 tonnes of steel reinforcement within the slab.
- Have used 9.5 tonne of chequer plate, 950 M8 bolts, 965 linear meters of tube.
- 2,000 m3 of below ground drainage attenuation.
- 11,000 m2 of roof cladding.
- 8,000 m2 of wall cladding.
- 150 tonne of rebar used to form the scrap tunnel alone.
- Used approx. 5,000 m3 of concrete externally.
- Laid over two miles of drainage.
- 3,000m of mastic sealant to external yard.